Wow, it really has been a long time since I posted anything here, I really should fix that and start utilizing LJ more often instead of relying on Twitter and Facebook.
Anyways, Happy New Year everyone! I wanted to recap my 2014 and share a bit of expectations for 2015 as well as a few other things that have been swarming in my head.
Lots of things happened in 2014, some good, some bad. Guess I'll take it by month
Jan: Further Confusion 2014 Happened and it was amazing as usual, I resumed college.
Feb: Nothing extravagant.
March: This month was both awesome and it sucked. To start I finally quit my old, and quite toxic job at the gas station I was working at and got a job working in the Lego Retail store. I initially was pushing for management, but decided not to pursue that just yet. The sucky part? 3 days after I got accepted at Lego and put my notice in at work, I got hurt at work quite badly, more specifically, I tore a few muscles in my lower back and messed up my lower spine, which basically kept me unable to move or walk for about 2 weeks while I was undergoing physical therapy. After a week I was able to walk without assistance and was able to resume college and be ready for my new job at Lego. Even suckier? My work refused to take responsibility for my injury and no lawyers could help me. All my physical therapy came out of my student loans and my credit cards. But, that's what I have them for and I'm glad I did.
April: Having pretty much all my strength back, though having to be careful, I attended BABSCon (Brony convention) and had an amazing time there, I volunteered with the Bronies for Good charity and even got to help out on stage with the charity auction.
May: Sometime around Mid May, after my college finals, my upper tooth started hurting, then it got really bad, bad to the point where I was writhing in pain in the middle of the night, I had to wait out till morning to go get the tooth, which was infected, pulled. For some reason having this happen left me with a severe fever which peaked at 104 and lasted about 4 days. It was not that pleasant.
June: It started getting hot outside.
July: It got really freaking hot outside, and I turned a year older.
August: I was lucky enough to attend Memphit Furmeet and see most of my oldest and dearest friends in this fandom.
August: My lower left molar started causing me some pain as well, and I discovered that tooth was infected and had to be pulled, which also left me with *another* high fever for a couple of days. x.x
September: Traveled up to Seattle to attend Rainfurrest, had a splendid time and got a chance to meet-up with one of my old roomates and have a good long talk about things, we made-up and are on speaking terms again, which made me happy. Resumed college shortly after that.
October: Best months of the year are always the last 3 months for me :3
Renaissance Faire and Halloween are always some of the highlights of my year ^^ I was a bit annoyed in seeing xmas trees in stores before Halloween even ended, though :p
November: Enjoyed the weather as it cooled down, got my den ready for Thanksgiving, which I spent with my mother.
December: Had a little bit of trouble really getting into the Christmas spirit this year, I think it's because it was shoved down my throat way too early and I got sick of it too soon, eventually I got over that and enjoyed the festivities that the season had to offer. Kicked ass on my finals. Spend New years with some of my closest friends.
2015 and here I am now! I'm not one for making resolutions or anything like that, but as 2015 begins I do have some goals that I really would like and need to do.
1) start going to a gym. I really am fairly out of shape and being underweight doesn't help much either. I can't run or dance or anything like that without my legs getting too tired too quickly and getting short of breath. I need to start taking better care of my body.
2) While I have cut down on my smokes, I'm not done with them yet, and the longer I continue this, the worse things can obviously get. I know they are bad and what they cause, I also know that I am horribly addicted to them and having a busy and fairly stressed life isn't contributing to this. I need to rely on my vape more often and eventually cut both out of my life forever. Here's hoping.
3) I really need to learn to control my emotions a bit better, unfortunately I either have a tendency of bottling-up my emotions, or I get over-emotional about things. I need to learn and practice a much better way of balancing these emotions of mine.
4) I am getting a lot less shy about myself, certain parts of my personality, and certain things that I'm involved in/into. I am fairly shy at times and still have this twinge of fear when it comes down to people discovering things about me and potentially hating me, even though I'm a discreet person and never had a tendency to flaunt things. I need to get over that. I always go by the philosophy "Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." I need to learn to take my own advice.
5) This is a potentially exciting year for me because I am scheduled to finally achieve getting my Associate of Science in geology degree this year and finally transition to a major university. This is exciting and also absolutely terrifying. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to go, what I'll do when I get there and who I'll be around, but I've worked hard for this. I want this all so badly and I'm going to get it. I have dreams and goals and they will be made into a reality.
That's about it for now! If you stuck around to read all of this then I really appreciate it and hope it didn't seem like I rambled on too much. I'm going to try to use LJ a bit more often, though if anyone wants my Facebook or Twitter info, you can feel free to ask.
Thanks for reading and Happy New Year!
and make it the best damn new years that you can, I sure as hell am going to! ^.^
-Foxlord- Current Mood: Determined